Are you looking for a new volunteer opportunity? One that will allow you to directly help women and children impacted by domestic abuse and/or homelessness?
DASO is launching a new Breakfast Program in the fall of 2017 and is seeking committed, caring and qualified volunteers to help ensure its success! The goal of the program is to provide assistance and support to women and their young/school-age children staying at our secure 24/7 shelter located in Woodstock.
Breakfast program volunteer tasks and responsibilities
- Help prepare a nutritious breakfast for women and children
- Make lunches/snacks for school-age children
- Prepare and/or gather after-school snacks
- Clear/clean kitchen, load dishwasher and store/refrigerate unused food items
As the number and age of children staying at DASO’s shelter varies at any given (e.g. there may be days when there are no or few children) Breakfast Program volunteers may be assigned other kitchen duties such as:
- Dinner pre-prep (washing, cutting vegetables, preparing sides, etc.)
- Organizing pantry
- Cleaning pantry, kitchen and dining areas
- Putting away groceries and non-perishable food donations
Breakfast Program volunteers would fill at least one three-hour shift per week. Available shifts: Monday to Friday, 7:30 to 10:30 a.m. (specific times may be subject to change).
Before assisting at DASO, all volunteers are required to obtain:
- Police Record Clearance
- Vulnerable Sector Screen
- Food Handlers Certificate
Interested in this opportunity? Please complete the Volunteer Application (click here to download the form) and bring/mail to: Heather Werby, Domestic Abuse Services Oxford, 975 James Street, Woodstock ON N4S 0A5 or email email@example.com.
If you are recognized as a potential volunteer candidate, you will be contacted and invited to attend an interview or orientation session.
Thank you for your interest in helping DASO and being a part of our team!