Everyone was a winner at the “Lucky 7” 7th annual Oxford SoupStock!
It was another happy, heartwarming and hearty lunchtime event! The smells (mouthwatering aromas from wholesome ingredients), the sights (7 fabulous prizes), the sounds (contented chatter, sips and slurps plus Heart FM live on location) and of course tastes (11 delicious soups) combined to make the “Lucky 7” Oxford SoupStock a wonderful community gathering and fundraiser for DASO. (See below for some photos!)
All the soups were so good – the judges had a difficult time choosing but ultimately awarded the Golden Ladle Award to Local Roots at South Gate Centre for their Sweet Potato, Carrot, Red Lentil and Apple Soup! The People’s Choice Award went to Miss Ingersoll for the crowd pleasing Cream of Potato Bacon and Cheddar Soup.
But once again, everyone was a winner at this fun and festive event. All proceeds will support the vital programs and services for women and children impacted by domestic abuse and/or homelessness. THANK YOU to….
Our amazing soup makers:
- Cedarview Gracious Retirement Living
- Craigowan Golf Club
- Dairy Capital Cheese Shoppe
- Elm Hurst Inn & Spa
- It’s All About You Catering
- Local Roots Café (South Gate Centre)
- McLay Brothers BBQ and Catering
- Miss Ingersoll
- Odys Restaurant, Lounge & Patio
- Oxford Gardens (Chartwell)
Our generous sponsors and donors including:
- Scotiabank Woodstock
- 104.7 Heart FM
- Quality Inn & Suites Woodstock
- Minuteman Press Woodstock
- Via Rail Canada
- The Williamson Group
- Reliable Networks
- Woodstock and Area Small Business Enterprise Centre
- Manulife Financial
- The Cowan Group
- MC Developments
- Our shy donor and sponsors (who preferred to remain anonymous!)
Dan Henry, Robin Ferro, Kim Quigley, Adam Nyp, Diane Langner, Paul Hess, Deb Tait
Our volunteers and all who attended and supported DASO!