Mark your calendars, collect your pledges and plan to join us on Thursday June 13, 2019 for our 3rd annual lunchtime fundraiser in support of Domestic Abuse Services Oxford.
Men in Heels/Lunch on Wheels asks men to walk to raise awareness and support programs to combat violence against women in our community.
Once again, the Men in Heels/Lunch on Wheels event will be at Museum Square in downtown Woodstock. The registration table opens at 11 a.m. with the walk taking place at 12:15 p.m. Men who want to walk (walking is optional) can wear the high heels we will have available, or their own shoes, to demonstrate that men are allies in making Oxford County safe for all! Click here to download the poster!
Before or after the short walk, downtown restaurants and food truck vendors (on-site from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.) will be ready to offer you a yummy lunch. Supporters can also shop the farm market vendors.
Will you partner with us to ensure the success of this new, fun event? You can…
Become an event partner. Partnership levels from $125 to $1,000 and more are available with all proceeds supporting DASO. Click here to get details. Then, click here to download the Partnership Agreement (please complete and return to us by May 14, 2019).
Register as a walk participant. The registration fee is just $20 – or a minimum $20 in pledges. Click here to download a registration/pledge form.
Fill-a-Basket. Collect toiletries and other essentials for DASO’s clients! Details are outlined in the Partnership Opportunities document.
Have questions? Contact Heather 519-539-7488 ext. 236, heather[at]daso.ca or Rhonda 519-539-7488 ext. 223, Rhonda[at]daso.ca.
Did you know that:
- Violence – physical or sexual – against women affects at least one out of four;
- DASO operates the only year-round haven for women and their dependents in Oxford County. Last year, their high-security shelter was “home” to 103 women and 52 children/teens;
- Every year hundreds of women and children take part in DASO’s community-based programs;
- 114 women received sexual assault counselling last year at DASO;
- DASO responded to 1,476 crisis calls in 2017;
- DASO is a non-profit charitable organization and it needs to raise at least $200,000 annually just to maintain essential programs and services.
Partnering with us gives you the opportunity to demonstrate your commitment to ending domestic abuse in our community. It also provides a powerful marketing tool to reach enthusiastic local residents and businesses.
TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Proud Stiletto Sponsor ($2,500 level):
T-shirt Sponsor: Woodstock Print & Litho