Volunteers make a vital contribution by helping us fulfill our mandate and achieve our goals. Unfortunately, volunteer opportunities are severely restricted at this time due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please check back for news and updates.
The following are examples of volunteer opportunities that we hope to offer again in the near future:
- Special events/fundraising (organizing/assisting with fundraising activities; soliciting prizes and sponsorships; telephone inquiries; distributing promotional material, set-up/cleanup, registration/other tasks during events)
- Gardening/yard work (garden/flowerbed preparation; planting, weeding, maintenance)
- Housekeeping (special cleaning tasks; cleaning/preparing bedrooms)
- Interaction with clients (plan/lead craft activities; exercise/stretching sessions; tutoring, reading/language assistance; teach a skill; offer a service
- Pet fostering
- Student volunteer (secondary school): to fulfill the 40 hours of community service mandated by the provincial government.
Please be aware that due to the nature of our work and the size of our facility at Domestic Abuse Services Oxford we may not be able to accept all who express a desire to volunteer.
If you are recognized as a potential volunteer candidate, you will be invited to an interview or orientation session prior to becoming a member of our volunteer team. Please also note that if you are invited to be a volunteer you will need to obtain a Criminal Police Record Clearance and Vulnerable Sector Screening from your local police service.